Real Estate Manager, Self-Storage, El Segundo, CA
Submit Your Resume
The Self-Storage Division of Johnson Development Associates, Inc (JDA) is seeking a Real Estate Manager to be based in El Segundo, California. The position reports to the Regional Director of the Self-Storage Division and will be responsible for market analysis, site acquisition, underwriting, and entitlement support for new self-storage developments. The position will require travel and some overnight trips. Below is a list of some of the additional responsibilities.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Work with Regional Team to underwrite new development opportunities including economic and demographic data, market comparables and local supply and demand statistics.
- Research and provide overview of competitive landscape in targeted markets for new self-storage development.
- Assist in market research for new development opportunities and manage third parties who provide market research.
- Research available land and/or buildings for new self-storage development opportunities in targeted markets.
- Understand zoning and land use requirements for self-storage/mini warehouse development in target development markets.
- Tour prospective markets to evaluate competition and prepare market analysis report for management.
- Track sales and manage information on sales comparables of self-storage sales throughout target markets.
Site Acquisition and Project Development
- Draft and negotiate letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements for sites in target markets.
- Work with internal and external legal team to draft contract language.
- Engage internal development resources to evaluate site feasibility and estimated development costs.
- Meet with local officials to understand entitlement and permitting process for specific sites.
- Assisting Development Managers with the design and development of proposed projects.
- Engage development team on projects to obtain construction pricing estimates and general site analysis.
- Prepare investment packages for the Investment Committee and prospective lenders.
- Develop and maintain pro formas for new self-storage opportunities through the life cycle of the project.
- Coordinate with Development Managers to create development timeline from permitting through construction completion.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of site acquisition or real estate experience preferred
- Demonstrated contract negotiation experience
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data
- Knowledge and understanding of development and construction practices
- Ability to think strategically and manage multiple initiatives
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, non-structured work environment. Must be able to self-direct work initiatives and solve problems autonomously
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. JDA is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity that impacts all employees and others involved in Company operations. To this end, JDA does not discriminate against any individual with regard to individual’s gender (including sex stereotyping), color, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, genetic characteristics, childbirth, breastfeeding needs, denial of family and medical care leave, medical condition or other legally protected status. Nor will it tolerate any form of harassment or retaliation based on the exercise of any rights individuals may have under federal, state or local law. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, covers employees and other individuals involved in Company operations, as well as those using JDA facilities.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. The actual duties, responsibilites, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.
Submit Your Resume