Real Estate Manager, Multi-Family
Submit Your Resume
The Real Estate Manager (“the Position”) works with the Real Estate, Development, and Asset Management teams to support all areas of acquisition and development. The Position will have responsibilities for site selection, market due diligence, contract negotiation and entitlement support for new multifamily projects.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Work with the Real Estate team to underwrite new development opportunities including economic and demographic data, market comparables, and local supply and demand statistics.
- Research and provide overview of competitive landscape in targeted markets for new multifamily developments.
- Assist in market research for new development opportunities and manage third parties who provide market research.
- Research available land for new development opportunities in targeted markets.
- Understand zoning and land use requirements for development in targeted markets.
- Tour prospective markets to evaluate competition and prepare market analysis reports for members of management.
Site Acquisition and Project Development:
- Perform financial analysis of prospective acquisitions and development projects.
- Conduct due diligence as needed for potential developments and acquisitions.
- Coordinate with internal development resources to evaluate site feasibility and estimated development costs.
- Meet with local officials to understand entitlement and permitting processes for specific sites.
- Assist Development Managers with the design and development of proposed projects.
- Engage development team on projects to obtain construction pricing estimates and general site analysis.
- Prepare investment packages for management and prospective lenders.
- Assist in developing and maintaining pro formas for new opportunities through the life cycle of the projects.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant major to include: Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience preferred, including: real estate acquisitions, asset management, construction management/budgeting, operations or finance
- Prefer related experience in Southeastern US markets
- Development and/or real estate cash flow modeling experience
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data; proficiency in financial underwriting
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- General understanding of land use, zoning and planning processes
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks effectively
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Proficient organizational skill set; documenting and maintaining notes from correspondence and meetings and cataloging them for easy retrieval
The Company is committed to diversity and equal opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees and applicants.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this Position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA
Submit Your Resume