Submit Your Resume
Johnson Development Associates, Inc. (JDA) is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, multi-division national real estate developer that is committed to delivering excellence. Initially focused on the development of local industrial and commercial property, JDA's portfolio has grown to now include multifamily and single-tenant industrial space.
We are driven by our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership, humility, principled entrepreneurship, initiative and fulfillment, and we believe the key to our continued success and growth is our ability to identify, hire, onboard and develop highly talented people.
JDA is currently searching for a full-time Insurance Manager for the Corporate Office in Spartanburg, South Carolina. A description of the position and requirements are listed below. Qualified candidates should email their resume to HR@johnsondevelopment.net.
The Insurance Manager will be responsible for mitigating risk from an operational, financial, and regulatory perspective. The Insurance Manager will also work to effectively identify and quantify the level of risk for the investment properties, implementing risk mitigation to reduce risks and optimize risk transfer solutions to protect the long-term profitability and financial success of JDA.
- Lead the identification and placement of all insurance programs across JDA including: Property, Casualty, Cyber, Directors and Officers, Personal Property, and Health Insurance.
- Develop program designs, coverage specifications, claims procedures, and metric reporting for program results.
- Identify and implement areas of need, improvement, or efficiency in Insurance and Risk programs throughout JDA.
- Lead insurance carrier and broker relationships for continued success during renewal process and throughout policy periods
- Oversee annual submissions to brokers for insurance renewals.
- Develop working relationships with numerous internal stakeholders to continue managing exposure additions/deletions for the funds and be seen as the subject matter expert for insurance related topic.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Financial/Quantitative field)
- 5+ years of experience
- Broad understanding of risk management principles and techniques.
- Risk management experience including casualty, property, D&O, and cyber.
- Experience managing complex and varied risk profiles.
- High learning agility with a proven ability to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning skills with a strong ability to work through difficult situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Effective, clear, and proactive verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, responsive, analytical, and attentive to detail.
- Strong ethical standards
- Strong mathematical skills, and a deep understanding of risk management
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to diversity and equal opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, citizenship status (except as otherwise provided for by applicable law) or marital status and any other category protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees and applicants. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 864.594.5862.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities nor is it a contract of employment. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Submit Your Resume