Finance Analyst in Spartanburg, SC
Submit Your Resume
Johnson Development Associates, Inc. (JDA) is seeking a Finance Analyst (“the Position”) to be based in Spartanburg, SC. The Position reports to the Chief Financial Officer on a day-to-day basis. The Position will provide exposure to all facets associated with the activities of the Company and will provide a high level interaction with senior management.
- Work with and assist the CFO, and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with new developments generated by the multi-family, industrial and storage divisions including:
- Assess financial viability of new projects.
- Run and/or review proformas generated in pursuit of new development opportunities.
- Assess and make recommendations on additional financial analysis tools that would better support development activities (changes to existing proformas, developing new proformas, and/or using third party financial analysis software).
- Assist in market research for new development opportunities and manage third parties who provide market research.
- Develop bank pitch books for the financing of new and existing projects (development financing and permanent financing).
- Once lender is selected, manage the loan closing process including the appraisal process, loan document review, and loan closings.
- Work with the CFO to foster current banking relationships and develop new banking relationships.
- Manage third party mortgage brokers on permanent financings.
- Communicate and prepare information for Johnson Management, LLC regarding partner capital requirements and the timing of the capital contributions.
- Assist in the procurement of development bonding (through surety bonds or letters of credit) as required.
- Work with and assist the CFO and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with the management and on-going operations of JDA portfolio of assets, including:
- The annual budgeting process.
- Monthly and annual reporting on new business and the existing portfolio.
- Work with Director of Asset Management and third-party asset managers to effectively operate properties and help provide financial analysis and feedback.
- Management of existing debt portfolio and maturing debt.
- Generating compliance certificates and other information required by lenders.
- Communicating with third party tax consultants and manage tax information pertaining to existing assets.
- Work with and assist the CFO, and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with the disposition of assets, including:
- Financial analysis of hold vs. sale scenarios.
- Assist brokerage firm in generating all necessary information to market the asset.
- Generation of due diligence required by buyer.
- Closing of the asset, distribution of proceeds, and final correspondence to partners summarizing their investment returns.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines, and other office machinery.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Interested Applicants Should Contact:
Human Resources Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. JDA is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity that impacts all employees and others involved in Company operations. To this end, JDA does not discriminate against any individual with regard to individual’s gender (including sex stereotyping), color, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, genetic characteristics, childbirth, breastfeeding needs, denial of family and medical care leave, medical condition or other legally protected status. Nor will it tolerate any form of harassment or retaliation based on the exercise of any rights individuals may have under federal, state or local law. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, covers employees and other individuals involved in Company operations, as well as those using JDA facilities.
Submit Your Resume
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this Position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.