Submit Your Resume
The Development Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Finance team with new development and portfolio management.
Position Responsibilities - Essential Functions
- Work with and assist the Finance Team, and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with new developments generated by Company divisions:
- Assess financial viability of new projects and acquisition opportunities.
- Assess and make recommendations on additional financial analysis tools that would better support development activities (changes to existing proformas, developing new proformas, and/or using third party financial analysis software)
- Assist in market research for new development opportunities and manage third parties who provide market research.
- Develop bank pitch books for the financing of new and existing projects (development financing and permanent financing)
- Once lender is selected, manage the loan closing process including the appraisal process, loan document review, and loan closings.
- Work with the CFO to foster current banking relationships and develop new banking relationships.
- Manage third party mortgage brokers on permanent financings.
- Communicate and prepare information for Johnson Management, LLC regarding partner capital requirements, the timing of the capital contributions, and monthly operating reports.
- Assist in the procurement of development bonding (through surety bonds or letters of credit) as required.
- Portfolio Management:
- Work with and assist the Finance Team and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with the management and on-going operations of JDA portfolio of assets, including:
- Annual budgeting process
- Monthly and annual reporting on new business and the existing portfolio
- Financial analysis of hold vs. sale scenarios
- Working with Director of Asset Management and third-party asset managers to effectively operate properties and help provide financial analysis and feedback.
- Management of existing debt portfolio and maturing debt
- Generating compliance certificates and other information required by lenders.
- Communicating with third party tax consultants and manage tax information pertaining to existing assets.
- Manage insurance solutions for properties across all asset types.
Position Responsibilities - Non-Essential/Other
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant major to include: Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Economics required
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred, including: finance, real estate acquisitions, asset management or operations
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data, proficiency in financial underwriting
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to think strategically and manage multiple initiatives as well as embody a high level of individual initiative
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in MS Project (although not required) is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, non-structured work environment. Must be able to self-direct work initiatives and solve problems autonomously.
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Prefer experience working in an engineering, construction or real estate-related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JDA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JDA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent an expressed or implied contract of employment, nor does it alter your at-will employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Submit Your Resume