Director of Finance
Submit Your Resume
Johnson Development Associates, Inc. (JDA) is seeking a Director of Finance (“the Position”) to be based in Spartanburg, SC. The Position reports to the Chief Financial Officer on a day-to-day basis. The Position will provide exposure to all facets associated with the activities of the Company and will provide a high- level interaction with senior management.
Position Responsibilities- Essential
• Work with and assist the CFO, and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with new developments generated by the multi-family, industrial, natural resources and storage divisions including:
o Assess financial viability of new projects.
o Work with the CFO to foster current banking relationships and development new banking relationships.
o Assist in securing financing and negotiating financing terms for new development opportunities. Conduct site visits and provide market tours for potential lenders.
o Run and/or review proformas generated in pursuit of new development opportunities. Maintain active development models while working with real estate teams to keep up to date.
o Assess and make recommendations on additional financial analysis tools that would better support development activities (changes to existing proformas, developing new proformas, and/or using third party financial analysis software).
o Assist in market research for new development opportunities and manage third parties who provide market research.
o Once lender is selected, manage the loan closing process including the appraisal process, loan document review, and loan closings.
o Manage third party mortgage brokers on permanent financings.
o Assist in securing and managing joint venture partners or fee development partners (currently limited to a handful of industrial properties).
o Communicate and prepare information for Johnson Management, Inc. regarding partner capital requirements and manage the timing of the capital contributions.
o Secure development bonding (through surety bonds or letters of credit) as required.
• Work with and assist the CFO, and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with the management and on-going operations associated with the JDA portfolio of assets, including:
o Assist with the annual budgeting process.
o Provide monthly analysis of the performance of the JDA portfolio. Assess and streamline reporting capabilities.
o Manage existing debt portfolio and maturing debt.
o Generate compliance certificates and other information required by lenders.
o Assist with cash management and treasury management function.
o Manage existing interest rate hedging positions and research and make recommendations on potential additional hedging positions.
o Manage the relationship with the third-party real estate tax consultants.
o Assist controller with accounting matters.
• Work with and assist the CFO, and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with the disposition of assets, including:
o Assist with selection of brokerage firm to manage the asset disposition.
o Strategize with brokerage firm on the marketing approach of the asset.
o Assist brokerage firm in generating all necessary information to market the asset.
o Strategize with brokerage firm on ultimate selection of buyer.
o Assist with the contract negotiations with buyer.
o Assist in generating due diligence required by buyer.
o Assist with the closing of the asset, distribution of proceeds, and final correspondence to partners summarizing their investment returns.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
• 5 years or more demonstrated experience working in commercial development and/or real estate finance
• Previous supervisory experience
• Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data
• Demonstrated contract negotiation experience
• Superior planning and organization skills with high attention to detail and deadline-oriented
• Ability to think strategically and manage multiple initiatives
• Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
• Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
• Exceptional written and verbal skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
• Work and manage a team well under pressure
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to diversity and equal opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees and applicants.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this Position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.
Submit Your Resume