Director of Finance
Submit Your Resume
Johnson Development Associates, Inc. (JDA) is seeking a Director of Finance /Senior Finance Associate - Capital Markets (“the Position”) to be based in Spartanburg, SC. The Position reports to the Chief Financial Officer on a day-to-day basis. The role will work collaboratively with the CFO on all finance and capital markets matters, both corporately and divisionally across JDA’s business lines of industrial, multifamily, and self-storage.
- Work with and assist the CFO, and various members of the JDA team, on all finance matters associated with new developments, acquisitions, and ongoing asset management generated by the industrial, multifamily, and self-storage divisions.
- In collaboration with the CFO and JDA real estate team members, secure construction financing for new development projects and/or permanent financing for completed projects and acquisitions.
- Assess viability of new projects and give guidance on debt assumptions.
- Identify project risks and mitigants.
- Prepare financing packages and distribute to potential lenders.
- Conduct marketing process, including site visits and market tours, with potential lenders.
- Gather and evaluate lender proposals; prepare recommendations on the best financing option for each project and situation.
- Negotiate loan documents and manage the loan closing process.
- Manage third-party mortgage brokers.
- In partnership with the CFO, foster and maintain existing banking relationships as well as develop new relationships.
- Assist in management of investment models for each division.
- Maintain active investment models and ensure they are current and accurate.
- Creation of additional investment models as needed
- Review and ensure integrity of project underwriting
- Support CFO and other JDA team members on a wide-range of company-wide financial matters, including:
- Monthly analysis and reporting of portfolio performance.
- Ongoing investor, lender, and board level reporting.
- Proactive management of debt portfolio.
- Annual budgeting process
- Additional financial analysis and reporting tools that would better support development and acquisition activities, including internal and external reporting improvements.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Adhere JDA’s Guiding Principles of Partnership, Humility, Principled Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Fulfilment, and Integrity.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ years or more demonstrated experience working in commercial development and/or real estate finance
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data
- Proven analytical skills
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
- Superior planning and organization skills with high attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Ability to think strategically and manage multiple initiatives
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Work and manage a team well under pressure
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to diversity and equal opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees and applicants.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this Position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.
Submit Your Resume