Development Manager, Natural Resources Division
Submit Your Resume
As a member of the Natural Resources Division Development Team, a Development Manager, “The Position”, will report to and assist the Director of Development and will be responsible for all aspects and oversight of the specific project he or she is assigned. He or she will be expected to identify new land acquisitions, underwrite various asset types on a project, and effectively manage the design team and third party consultants through the entitlement process for the project. The Position may require some travel and overnight trips. Below is a list of additional responsibilities the Position will entail.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Work with Regional Team to underwrite new development opportunities including economic and demographic data, market comparables and local supply and demand statistics.
- Assist in market research for new development opportunities and manage third parties who provide market research.
- Understand zoning and land use requirements for master planned development in target development markets.
- Tour prospective markets to evaluate competition and prepare market analysis report for management.
- Track sales and manage information on sales comparables of home sales throughout target markets.
Site Acquisition and Project Development
- Draft and negotiate letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements for sites in target markets.
- Work with internal and external legal team to draft contract language.
- Engage internal development resources to evaluate site feasibility and estimated development costs.
- Meet with local officials to understand entitlement and permitting process for specific sites.
- Engage development team on projects to obtain construction pricing estimates and general site analysis.
- Prepare investment packages for the Investment Committee and prospective lenders.
- Develop and maintain pro formas for new opportunities through the life cycle of the project.
- Coordinate with Development Managers to create development timeline from permitting through construction completion.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of experience working in real estate development, engineering, construction management or equivalent field
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in MS Project (although not required) is a plus.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple task effectively
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal direction
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Work and manage a team well under pressure
- Proficient organizational skill set; documenting and maintaining notes from correspondence and meetings and cataloging them for easy retrieval
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.
The Company is committed to diversity and equal opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees and applicants.
Submit Your Resume