Development Manager, Industrial Division, Houston, Texas
Submit Your Resume
JDA is currently searching for a full-time Development Manager for the Industrial Division. A description of the position and requirements are listed below. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of the Industrial Division Development Team, a Development Manager, “The Position,” will report to and assist the Director of Development and will be responsible for all aspects and oversight of the specific project he or she is assigned. He or she will be expected to effectively lead and manage the design team, third party consultants, and general contractor through all phases of the construction process, from pre-construction activities to delivery of final certificate of occupancy. The Development Manager must initiate and manage the construction phase of the project to ensure successful and on-time delivery. Through intelligent design and cost review, consultant management, and building and managing contractor relationships, the Development Manager is expected to deliver developments under budget and ahead of schedule, while managing and eliminating Johnson Development Associate’s deal specific exposure. The Position will require the relocation to an area in the general location provide above and the Development Manager will work primarily from an office located at the project site. The Position will require some travel and overnight trips. Below is a list of additional responsibilities the Position will entail.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3-6 years of experience working in real estate development, engineering, construction management or equivalent field
- Bachelor's Degree
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Projectmates and MS Project (although not required) is a plus
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks effectively
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
- Be self-motivated and can multi-task and prioritize with minimal direction
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Work and manage a team well under pressure
- Proficient organizational skill set; documenting and maintaining notes from correspondence and meetings and cataloging them for easy retrieval
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to diversity and equal opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees and applicants.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Submit Your Resume