Submit Your Resume
Johnson Development Associates, Inc. (JDA) is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, multi-division national real estate developer that is committed to delivering excellence. We are driven by our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership, humility, principled entrepreneurship, initiative, and fulfillment, and we believe the key to our continued success and growth is our ability to identify, hire, onboard and develop highly talented people.
JDA is currently searching for a full-time Development Manager for the Corporate Office in Spartanburg, South Carolina. A description of the position and requirements are listed below. Qualified candidates should email their resume to HR@johnsondevelopment.net.
The Development Manager will be part of a team developing a 14-acre mixed-use development that will include multifamily, entertainment venue, office, and commercial spaces. Design and construction are ongoing. The primary responsibility will be the management and delivery of a parking garage, office building, and site work in line with project objectives and company Guiding Principles. The position will report to and work hand in hand with the Development Manager for the overall project.
Must be willing to work in the office or at the job site full time – not a remote or hybrid role.
Position Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
- Manage and direct all aspects of entitlement/development/construction for your areas of responsibility. Support other elements of the mixed-use development as directed.
- Participate in site planning and design.
- Aid in the preparation of detailed development schedules.
- Develop cost estimates and proforma budgets.
- Review and process for payment all monthly consultant invoices and GC pay applications associated with projects.
- Track actual results to budget for each project on a monthly basis and prepare monthly construction draws.
- Review all project change orders/additional services request and submit for approvals.
- Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified; project status reports to contain up to date information along with current photos.
- Assist with the transition of maintenance responsibilities associated with completed projects.
- Perform punch list work with General Contractors and Tenants to ensure that completed work is in accordance with design documents and tenants work letters.
- Place a heavy focus on managing the construction and maintaining a significant on-site presence as owner’s representative.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time as the job dictates.
- This position is based in Spartanburg, SC and requires a daily in-office presence.
- Anticipated travel is less than 10%.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Preferred 8+ years of experience in land development, commercial construction, architecture or civil engineering.
- Passive candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Company is committed to diversity and equal opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, citizenship status (except as otherwise provided for by applicable law) or marital status and any other category protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees and applicants. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 864.594.5862.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities nor is it a contract of employment. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Submit Your Resume