Development Coordinator, Self-Storage Division, Spartanburg, SC
Submit Your Resume
The Self-Storage Division of Johnson Development Associates, Inc. (JDA) is seeking a Development Coordinator (“The Position”) to be based in Spartanburg, South Carolina. The Position reports to the Senior Development Manager or Development Manager in the Self-Storage Division and will be responsible for pro-actively managing and coordinating processes and procedures in support of the development of self-storage projects from pre-construction activities through project delivery. The Position will act as liaison for the development team with contractors and vendors and with various Company departments in support of the Company’s pipeline of development opportunities.
- Contract Terms
- Understand contract dates and purchaser responsibilities.
- Establish and manage timeline for all contract related timing and convey to team in advance of expiring dates.
- Vendor Proposals
- Manage contracts, COIs, and W9s from all vendors.
- Receive all invoices from vendors and ensure information is accurate prior to data entry into Company systems for payment.
- Knowledge of each project’s budget, payments made and outstanding invoices.
- Work with Development Manager to ensure and bonds, LOCs, and permit fees are paid in advance of starting work.
- Manage bonds and LOC list to make sure we aren’t carrying any item beyond when we should on a given project.
- Ensure signage is displayed on each project.
- Assist Development Manager with bid process.
- Manage incoming bid inquiry calls and relay to appropriate team members.
- Manage file structure on Project Mates for all project documents.
- Manage pay application process as liaison between the General Contractor and the Accounting Department.
- Coordinate aerial photography for each project.
- Manage the utilities process to establish utilities on each project including verifying all paperwork is completed and deposits are made.
- Ensure all alarm lines are in place and services are ordered prior to inspections.
- Ensure all warranty information is received electronically and store on the JDA database.
- Coordinate monthly meetings with Development Manager to update on the project schedules starting at 16 weeks out from completion of project.
- Order telecom services for each project.
- Confirm all office items are procured in advance of the opening of the project.
- Coordinate weekly calls to update management company on the progress of the project starting at 8 weeks out from completion of the project.
- Ensure management company has all service contracts in place prior to opening to include landscape maintenance, elevator service agreements, and other miscellaneous items.
- Manage team travel calendar.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Five years of administrative experience and/or accounting experience (preferred).
- Problem solving skills are a premium.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks effectively.
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Work well under pressure.
- Proficient organizational skill set; documenting and maintaining notes from correspondence and meetings and cataloging them for easy retrieval
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines, and other office machinery.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Johnson Development Associates, Inc. (JDA) is committed to diversity and to equality opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability (including HIV status), genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees, applicants, volunteers, members, clients, and contractors, as well as the use of all JDA facilities.
Submit Your Resume