Construction Manager, Multifamily East Division in Central West Coast, Florida
Submit Your Resume
Johnson Development Associates, Inc. (JDA) has steadily grown into one of the most well-respected real estate developers in the Southeastern United States. Initially focused on the development of local industrial and commercial property, JDA's portfolio has grown to now include luxury multifamily rental communities, large single-tenant industrial space as well as self-storage facilities. Positioned as an industry-leading developer, JDA continues to create innovative real estate solutions that catalyze the economic growth of communities, both across the nation and here at home in South Carolina.
JDA has a proven track record for delivering projects of a large magnitude, while offering the familiarity, accountability and responsiveness of a local partner. Founded in 1996, JDA’s Multifamily Division has created over 6,500 apartment homes spanning both coasts, with a rapidly expanding footprint. Our Multifamily East Division concentrates its development efforts on the Atlantic seaboard. Well-capitalized and privately-held, JDA is poised to move rapidly as it pursues a streamlined and disciplined approach to site-selection and the development of top-of-market multifamily communities in dynamic markets. For more information on our Company, please visit our website at www.johnsondevelopment.net.
As a member of the Multi-family East Division Team, the Construction Manager, (“The Position”), will report to and assist the Director of Construction and will be responsible for all aspects and oversight of the specific project he or she is assigned. He or she will be expected to effectively lead and manage the design team, third party consultants, and general contractor through all phases of the construction process, from early site work and utilities to delivery of the final certificate of occupancy. The Position must initiate and manage the construction phase of the project to ensure successful and on-time delivery. Through intelligent design and cost review, consultant management, problem identification and resolution, and building and managing contractor relationships, the Position is expected to deliver developments under budget and ahead of schedule, while managing and eliminating Johnson Development Associate’s deal specific exposure. The Position will require the relocation to an area near the project site and the Construction Manager will work from an office located at the project site. The Position may require some travel and overnight trips. Below is a list of additional responsibilities the Position will entail.
- Plan internal and external resources as required to coordinate and monitor every facet of the development process in projects that are assigned, including:
- General oversight of all daily construction activities of the project’s General Contractor and their Sub-contractors
- Manage design professionals and consultants and act as the liaison between the design team, the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), general contractor and the Management Team.
- Oversee project permitting and closeout activities
- Monitor and review all aspects of project design changes through detailed plan review and verification of costs associated with change orders
- Interface and coordinate with the community and municipal entities
- Manage procurement of project permits and approvals
- Regulate on-site inspections of progress & quality
- Manage General Contractor to insure timely, on budget delivery of the project maintaining a focus on actual progress versus the project schedule
- Prepare and distribute to the management team weekly reports for the assigned project.
- Understand the various material tests throughout the construction process; develop methods to mitigate risk on a project‐specific basis
- Monitor trends in the local construction market including pricing and availability of materials and labor
- Research and evaluate design and construction alternatives and value engineering opportunities that will enhance the product being constructed without compromising functionality or life cycle costs
- Interface and develop working relationships with potential Johnson Development Associates business partners, including but not limited to various public agencies, designers, consultants, contractors, and vendors
- Continually understand & convey the inherent risks associated with a particular project
Essential Skills or Experience
- 1-2 years of experience working in a direct construction or construction-related field or a college internship doing the same
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management/Construction Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in MS Project (although not required) is a plus. Proficiency in a Project Management software such as Projectmates or Procore is a plus but not required.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks effectively. Ability to work independently on-site.
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate excellent time management discipline with minimal direction
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Work and manage a team well under pressure
- Proficient organizational skill set; documenting and maintaining notes from correspondence and meetings and cataloging them for easy retrieval
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. JDA is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity that impacts all employees and others involved in Company operations. To this end, JDA does not discriminate against any individual with regard to individual’s gender (including sex stereotyping), color, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, genetic characteristics, childbirth, breastfeeding needs, denial of family and medical care leave, medical condition or other legally protected status. Nor will it tolerate any form of harassment or retaliation based on the exercise of any rights individuals may have under federal, state or local law. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, covers employees and other individuals involved in Company operations, as well as those using JDA facilities.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent an expressed or implied contract of employment nor does it alter your at-will employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Submit Your Resume