Associate, Private Investments Planning and Analysis
Submit Your Resume
Johnson Management (JM) provides centralized investment, analysis, cash and treasury management, oversight, and support to the Johnson Group. Johnson Management works hand in hand with the owners, board, and management teams to execute on its mandate.
The Johnson Group is family owned and invests across a broad range of asset classes, with a focus on Real Estate Development (Multifamily, Industrial, Self-Storage), Hospitality, and Auto Finance. In addition, the Group has investments in Private Equity, Land, Timber, Solar, Aviation, and local Office and Retail, among other industries.
From commercial real estate to hospitality to auto finance, The Johnson Group’s foundation for business is the same: We build enduring relationships of trust and accountability with our partners, and we are relentless in our pursuit of fulfilling, profitable results. Learn more about the history, Guiding Principles, and companies at www.TheJohnsonGroup.com.
JM is currently searching for a full-time Associate, Private Investments Planning and Analysis for the Corporate Office in Spartanburg, South Carolina. A description of the position and requirements are listed below. Qualified candidates should email their resume to HR@johnsondevelopment.net.
The Associate, Private Investment Planning and Analysis works with the CFO, Accounting, Tax, and business leaders to conduct analysis and develop recommendations on cash flow, capital planning, owner-level financial statements, and FP&A for investments outside of the three core operating companies. A successful candidate will have strong financial analysis, excel modeling, accounting, business consulting, project management, and communication skills.
The ideal candidate has an Accounting or similar Degree and ~3 years of Management Consulting experience at a top tier firm.
Position Responsibilities - Essential Functions
- Capital planning and analysis: Lead the overall performance reporting (financial and operational) and cash flow forecasting and analysis for the Group. Coordinate with the business unit leaders to get accurate, timely data into a group-wide model that can be used to make data-based decisions on capital allocation, investments, and treasury management. Collaborate with the CFO to identify deep dive analyses and synthesize results into insights and recommendations for the board and owners
- Cash position: Track and report on cash flows and position for the overall group and for each family ownership entity (trusts, LLCs, etc.). Help identify and oversee opportunities to maximize yield on excess cash
- Financial statement reporting: Compile company and groupwide financial statements and perform related analysis
- Investment analysis: Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual returns analysis on the operating companies, specific real estate assets, and the marketable securities portfolio
- Banking relationships: Develop and regularly update consolidated schedules of deposits and debt (funded and unfunded commitments) across The Johnson Companies to help the group better manage banking relationships
- Ad-hoc analysis and support: Perform analysis to support decisions related to Investments, Taxes, Debt, Legal, Accounting, and other areas within the Johnson Management mandate
- Business advisory support: Assume both regular and ad-hoc consulting and support roles for non-core investments in the land, timber, manufacturing, and other private investments. Support roles may include regular on-site collaboration with the management teams and regular analytic responsibilities on behalf of the companies
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Accounting or similar degree
- 2-3+ years of experience in Management Consulting at a top tier firm
- Experience in one of our asset classes, and/or within a private investment firm preferred
- High learning agility with a proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Ability to use logic and reasoning skills with a strong ability to work through difficult analytic and business situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other data and communication products
- Effective, clear and proactive verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, responsive, and analytical with extreme attentive to detail
- Strong ethical standards; able to create trust and integrity with co-workers and partners
- Must be able to travel, overnight, up to 10% of the time, to support other sites as necessary
Must be willing to work in the office full time – not a remote or hybrid role.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Submit Your Resume