Submit Your Resume
The Associate Accountant position is responsible for various aspects of the accounting function for the Company. This role also assists the Director of Accounting, Controller and Senior Accountant with the daily operations of JDA’s accounting function, ensuring that all general ledgers are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed.
Position Responsibilities - Essential
- Partner with the Director of Accounting, Controller, Senior Accountant, and Finance team in daily operations of JDA’s accounting function.
- Assist in maintenance of general ledgers for all divisions of JDA. Ensure general ledgers are accurate and transparent.
- Assist in ensuring data received from third party managers is uploaded correctly and accurately to the accounting ERP system.
- Review, monitor and oversee the construction loan draw process to ensure draws are accurate, timely and transparent.
- Responsibility for completing bank reconciliations for various Storage, Industrial & Multifamily entities as well as other JDA entities.
- Update Fixed Asset ledgers for capital expenditures and manage depreciation schedules
- Show initiative through streamlining processes and driving efficiencies within the accounting department
- Strive to exemplify the Company’s Guiding Principles daily.
Position Responsibilities - Non-Essential/Other
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. CPA preferred but not required.
- 2-5+ years of previous experience in an accounting role.
- Problem solving skills are a premium.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with minimum supervision.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Experience with both MRI and Nexus Payables accounting software is strongly preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, non-structured work environment. Must be able to self-direct work initiatives and independently complete projects.
Submit Your Resume