Assistant General Counsel
Submit Your Resume
JDA is currently searching for a full-time Assistant General Counsel. A description of the position and requirements are listed below. Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are searching for an Assistant General Counsel who is excited to apply their knowledge in the areas of real estate development, construction, commercial contracts and general business law to assist our growing company.
- Negotiate and prepare construction contracts and contracts with design professionals.
- Provide continuing counsel, guidance and recommendations on legal matters arising during the course of development, particularly during the construction process. Provide proactive professional advice on critical strategic and legal issues arising from business deals.
- Provide legal support for business team members relating to entitlements and permits for development projects and acquisitions and assist with coordinating permitting and land use efforts for all from inception through project completion.
- Supervise work of / manage relationships with outside counsel.
- Assist with evaluating new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Monitor contract performance and compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Assist with risk management planning and contract management planning.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements and documents and continuously seek ways to improve, forms, processes and/or systems involved.
- Support the real estate development staff with general contract, regulatory compliance, and insurance and property management issues.
Skills and Experience
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing with the State of licensure.
- Admitted or willing to become admitted to the South Carolina bar.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a law firm environment.
- At least two (2) of experience in real estate transactions and/or construction law.
- Experience working on matters of corporate governance.
- Demonstrated legal and ethical standing.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to diversity and equal opportunity employment. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including employment status and opportunities such as hiring, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, and termination and applies to all Company employees and applicants.
Submit Your Resume