Acquisition and Entitlement Manager, Multifamily West Division, Southern California markets
Submit Your Resume
The Acquisition and Entitlement Manager (“the Position”) works with the Acquisition and Entitlement, Development, and Management teams to support all areas of acquisition and development. The Position will have responsibilities for site selection, market due diligence, contract negotiation and entitlement support for new multifamily projects.
- Work with the Acquisition and Entitlement team to underwrite new development opportunities including economic and demographic data, market comparables, and local supply and demand statistics.
- Research and provide overview of competitive landscape in targeted markets for new multifamily developments.
- Assist in market research for new development opportunities and manage third parties who provide market research.
- Research available land for new development opportunities in targeted markets.
- Understand zoning and land use requirements for development in targeted markets.
- Tour prospective markets to evaluate competition and prepare market analysis reports for members of management.
Site Acquisition and Project Development:
- Perform financial analysis of prospective acquisitions and development projects.
- Conduct due diligence as needed for potential developments and acquisitions.
- Coordinate with internal development resources to evaluate site feasibility and estimated development costs.
- Meet with local officials to understand entitlement and permitting processes for specific sites.
- Assist Development Managers with the design and development of proposed projects.
- Engage development team on projects to obtain construction pricing estimates and general site analysis.
- Prepare investment packages for management and prospective lenders.
- Assist in developing and maintaining pro formas for new opportunities through the life cycle of the projects.
- Performs property and portfolio valuations and return analyses.
- Conducts market assessments and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Reviews development plans, budgets and schedules to identify profit-maximizing opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant major to include: Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience preferred, including: real estate acquisitions, asset management, construction management/budgeting, operations or finance
- MBA or Master of Real Estate Development preferred
- Prefer related experience in these California markets: Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire
- Development and/or real estate cash flow modeling experience
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data; proficiency in financial underwriting
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- General understanding of land use, zoning and planning processes
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks effectively
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Proficient organizational skill set; documenting and maintaining notes from correspondence and meetings and cataloging them for easy retrieval
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
This position may have supervisory responsibilities within the acquisition and entitlement team.
The position will require travel to targeted markets.
This job usually operates in a professional office environment. The position may involve work in a home office or in the remote El Segundo office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. JDA is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity that impacts all employees and others involved in Company operations. To this end, JDA does not discriminate against any individual with regard to individual’s gender (including sex stereotyping), color, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, genetic characteristics, childbirth, breastfeeding needs, denial of family and medical care leave, medical condition or other legally protected status. Nor will it tolerate any form of harassment or retaliation based on the exercise of any rights individuals may have under federal, state or local law. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, covers employees and other individuals involved in Company operations, as well as those using JDA facilities.
Submit Your Resume