Vice President of Design and Construction, Multifamily West Division, San Francisco, CA
Submit Your Resume
The Vice President of Design and Construction (“the Position”) will provide primary oversight for the design and construction function. Acting as an owner’s representative, the Position will lead all aspects of construction oversight from project estimate to project delivery. In addition, this Position will be responsible for collaborating with a cross-functional internal team including business partners from our real estate management group as well as external partners including project consultants, engineers, and architects. The Position will be responsible for directing the design process as well as selection and oversight of general contractors. The Vice President of Design and Construction will be responsible for identifying, hiring and leading a team of high performing Development Managers.
- Coordinates, oversees and monitors the construction activities of multiple multifamily development initiatives to assure projects are completed with prescribed schedules and budgets.
- Provides review oversight for preconstruction development projects including design, entitlements and permits.
- Directs the preparation of bid proposal requests, evaluates responses, and negotiates partner contracts.
- Trains and manages a team of approximately three (3) to five (5) design and construction team members.
- Closely monitors partner activities including schedules, performance requirements and project administration to ensure quality standards are met.
- Attends weekly and monthly meetings to provide updates to senior leadership as well as owners, architects and contractors.
- Reviews and approves monthly reports for development projects, annual capital replacement budgets and contract documents to confirm operational and financial performance of construction activities.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of strong management experience in construction and design in multifamily development.
- Demonstrated experience and proven background in Type V on grade, wrap and podium construction.
- Ideal candidates will have experience in entitlement and CEQA related processes.
- Confidently communicate with the level of presence and professionalism necessary to successfully interact with senior leadership, owners and external business partners.
- Demonstrates a high level of energy and a history of success with planning and executing large scale projects.
- Skilled in personnel management, budget and resource development and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis and contract negotiation.
- Excellent people skills with ability to work effectively with leadership team and other levels within the company.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and accomplishing goals. Must possess superior planning and organization skills with high attention to detail and must be schedule and deadline-oriented.
- Must be able to think strategically and manage multiple initiatives; able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
This position has supervisory responsibilities to include training and managing a team of three (3) to five (5) design and construction team members.
Travel is expected for active projects along the west coast, and on average, at least one (1) to two (2) days per week out-of-the-area with some overnight travel, as required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Interested Applicants Should Contact:
Human Resources Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusciastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state/or local laws. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
Submit Your Resume
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.