Administrative Assistant, Self-Storage Division, Spartanburg, SC
Submit Your Resume
This position provides administrative support at all levels of the division. In addition to data entry, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as coordination of meetings, travel and conferences, obtaining supplies, assists with new hire onboarding, and working on special projects. Also, answers correspondence and assembles confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of external and internal contacts at all levels of the department. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, as well as to recommend changes in office best practices and procedures. The position requires drafting and proofreading documents, assisting with the management of contracts, and coordinating information with employees at other locations.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, and department activities, including calendar management, for various members of the department.
- Assists with onboarding of new hires including coordination of door/parking cards, equipment, business cards, and internal information such as travel policy, phone lists, and expenses.
- Updates and manages the integrity of various documents, spreadsheets and reports.
- Assists with research of vendors and suppliers – requests W9 and other information as needed.
- Performs invoice reconciliation and gathers appropriate approval signatures.
- Assists in managing contracts for organization.
- Creates and develops visual presentations.
- Delivers and or pick-ups materials, supplies, presentations, plans, etc. locally
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the department. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes large workflow volume.
- Manages multiple tasks and meets deadlines on a daily basis.
- Prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Ships important documents by overnight courier.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff.
- Responsible for confidential, time-sensitive and non-routine information.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar and presents numerical data effectively and accurately.
- May handle a wide variety of situations and issues involving the administrative function of the office.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent.
- Five years of administrative experience
- Problem solving skills are a premium.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Projectmates and Concur Travel/Expense is helpful but not required.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, non-structured work environment. Must be able to self-direct work initiatives and independently complete projects.
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Attention to Detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
Interested Applicants Should Contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state/or local laws. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
Submit Your Resume
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.