Acquisition and Entitlement Analyst, Multifamily West Division, San Francisco, CA
Submit Your Resume
The Acquisition and Entitlement Analyst (“the Position”) works with the Acquisition and Entitlement, Development, and Management teams to support all areas of acquisition and development. The Position will have responsibilities for market analysis, site acquisition, underwriting, asset management and entitlement support for new and existing multifamily projects. Additionally, the Position will assist with special projects as needed.
- Work with the Acquisition and Entitlement team to underwrite new development opportunities including economic and demographic data, market comparables, and local supply and demand statistics.
- Research and provide overview of competitive landscape in targeted markets for new multifamily developments.
- Assist in market research for new development opportunities and manage third parties who provide market research.
- Research available land for new development opportunities in targeted markets.
- Understand zoning and land use requirements for development in targeted markets.
- Tour prospective markets to evaluate competition and prepare market analysis reports for members of management.
Site Acquisition and Project Development:
- Perform financial analysis of prospective acquisitions and development projects.
- Conduct due diligence as needed for potential developments and acquisitions.
- Coordinate with internal development resources to evaluate site feasibility and estimated development costs.
- Meet with local officials to understand entitlement and permitting processes for specific sites.
- Assist Development Managers with the design and development of proposed projects.
- Engage development team on projects to obtain construction pricing estimates and general site analysis.
- Prepare investment packages for management and prospective lenders.
- Assist in developing and maintaining pro formas for new opportunities through the life cycle of the projects.
- Performs property and portfolio valuations and return analyses.
- Oversees third-party property management companies to maximize profitability and to ensure property is being properly maintained to highest quality standards.
- Conducts market assessments and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Reviews development plans, budgets and schedules to identify profit-maximizing opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and needs of JDA.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant major to include: Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 2+ years of relevant experience preferred, including: real estate acquisitions, asset management, construction management/budgeting, operations or finance
- Development and/or real estate cash flow modeling experience
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze financial data; proficiency in financial underwriting
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- General understanding of land use, zoning and planning processes
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks effectively
- Represent Johnson Development Associates, Inc. in a positive and professional manner
- Maintain a high regard of confidentiality for company information
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Proficient organizational skill set; documenting and maintaining notes from correspondence and meetings and cataloging them for easy retrieval
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state/or local laws. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
Submit Your Resume